Stopped by Baltimore Clayworks on my way to my sister's house. Was immediately drawn to these pieces, of course in part, because they are glazed in shino! They are by Matthew Hyleck. Check out his link for more. Absolutely stunning.
Made me really missing firing gas kiln pieces! Still, there are great things one can do with an electric kiln. I'm now at my parent's house for Thanksgiving week and thankfully, I have the time to research a bit more and read, read, read. :) I'll share more pics from the Baltimore Gallery which had lots of pots from the Winterfest 2012 and Holiday Sale, but in all, it was just beautiful and inspiring!
And, I've realized that I tend to have these long gaps before I create posts. :( Not good; it is hard to find time for writing on the blog especially when I have a full-time job and am traveling here and there, and then spend almost every spare moment I can in the studio making pottery!
Still, the pottery world is just refreshing these days! I will post tomorrow about what pottery I brought with me here to work on. Much to do before my next glaze firing next Monday. Thanks for reading and thanks to those of you who write your own blogs; I really enjoy reading them!
2 comments:
You are so right, there are some great blogs out there. You are one traveling girl! We still have to find a day to meet :)
Oh I like Matthews work, thanks for posting these and have a super thanksgiving with your family.
Post a Comment