Friday, September 28, 2012

Long Week and Glaze Test Results....

 Here's a quick snapshot of the glaze test tile results.  More details soon.  Overall, I'm pleased, yet I wish more combinations were ones that were transparent.
 It has been a busy week.  Monday morning I learned that my grandma (mother's mother) had passed after declining health.  She was 90, I believe.  I have had the privilege of knowing all four grandparents; all have lived into their 90's and one is still living.  As I write, I'm in PA for a short visit.  Memorial service was beautiful and I must say that it helps immensely at a memorial service to have a 3 year old sitting next to you to watch.  Really!  It is wonderful to be with family; only wish our time together was longer.
Times like this remind me how life is short and how time with family is what it's all about.  I'm so thankful that I get to see my parents, siblings, nieces and nephews at least 4 times a year and usually, like this year, more!  Thanksgiving cannot come sooner.  If only I could bring my studio with me!  In the meantime, I do what I can to keep the family updated about pottery happenings.  Garrett (1 3/4) loved helping me choose the next glaze combinations for my first round of pots.  How I love this boy!  More details about test tiles, glazes, etc. next week.  I have a mid-October deadline for some bowls, so it will be a busy week mixing glazes.  Thanks for all your comments and for continuing to read, despite the gaps in blog posts.

2 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

as you know, I love time with my family.
You are lucky to have had your grandmother up to her 90's. Amazing.

Your test are coming along well.
Come to the Open house if you can get here.

Linda Starr said...

Sorry about your grandmother but glad you were able to spend time with your family, looking forward to more about your glaze tests.