Had the best helper to pick mint tea at my parent's home. Lily! She loved using the scissors at first and then putting the tea into the bag was fun as I handed it to her. So much sun; grandma and grandpa's hat was a bit big. She didn't quite know what to do with that opening in the hat. She's getting so tall- is 3 1/2 years old.
Thanks, Lily for the tea! I steeped it tonight and am trying to grow it on my own. It's getting there.Tea in the making...
My mom also is one of the best gardeners I know. Almost any good of what I'm doing I've learned from her. The above vase was one of my firsts a couple years ago. The flower blooms on and off- have had this since Christmas!
Here are my mom's flowerbeds. These pictures don't capture it all.
Just beautiful!
This planter is so full! I think my nephew and niece like to water it. At least they like to do that when I'm around.
My dad is also an artist. Mom's a gardener; Dad's a woodworker. This bird is happy living in this birdhouse that he made.
Gave Mom these bowls over the past couple years. Interestingly they've made a nest of bowls!
Made a brief trip to PA to be with family and visit my grandma as her health isn't good. She's 90 plus; I hope I have as full of a life as she has. It was an extra special treat to spend time with these three and many of the rest of my family. Here are Lily, Garrett, and Vanessa (their mom- my sister-in-law) picking some blackberries.
More plants and flowers; the caladiums are gorgeous!
More...
Back to the blackberries. Garrett at 1 1/2 is learning to pick the black blackberries. He's got a bit more to learn. Isn't he the most handsome boy? :)
Pottery- well, it's good to be back and I plan to do that most of the weekend!
3 comments:
family should always be number 1- sweet pictures.
re: kiln loading, check out this post by Rae Dunn on a loaded kiln. This is the way I load a kiln, haha!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/rae-dunn-clay/169961207803?ref=stream
meredith- thanks! yes, how true.
tracey- just liked her on fb. loved that pic! ha ha...
Post a Comment