All in all, it's been a very good Friday. Trimmed a bunch of bowls and then etched quotes in 12 of them. Then, managed to throw two bigger ones- each about 10 inches in diameter. Won the flowers in a raffle for Teacher Appreciation Week as I'm the chaplain at the Episcopal Day School here.
Here's to making bigger forms and well, more of them! I'm off to Charlotte, Asheville, and then well, Atlanta next week. One of the few downsides of pottery is that I can't take the wheel with me. Well, I could, but...
Any recommendations of galleries to visit in either place?
Planning on going to Lark and Key in Charlotte.
4 comments:
Definitely Blue Spiral in Asheville and the River district artists. If you save Lark and Key for June 1, I will be there for a really great opening :)
Try to get to the Mint Museum, their craft section is wonderful if you haven't seen it lately! have fun :)
Oh, I forgot, Mudfire in Decatur, I should get you to bring back my pieces that didn't sell :)
I enjoyed the Mint Museum when I was there, you got a lot done in the studio, and so much travel, fun.
Thanks all! I just discovered Signature Gallery which is closer to where I'll be in Atlanta. Will probably end up there. Blue Spiral for sure too, Tracey!
Post a Comment