I LOVE being in Asheville. One thing I'm mindful of in my time here is how I forget to take pictures! STill, here is the one piece of pottery I bought earlier today. It's a bowl by Mangum Pottery. I like how it's signed and it is well, rather quite thin. Not sure if I like that or not.
The colors are simple and beautiful. I'll use this one for sure. Much better to only get one instead of a while set. Then I can get one bowl from many different potters and then keep building that variety.Really like the Mangum glaze combos. Check out their website!
Purchased this cereal bowl at Morning Gallery. Great art there; interesting that the potters don't have their names displayed with their pieces. Interesting that the staff didn't know the artists. Took 15 minutes to get a piece of Julie Covington's identified. Her work is absolutely gorgeous!
Went to Blue Spiral 1. Inspiring to see the functional forms that are altered. Seeing all this pottery gives me some ideas about how to make mine, well- mine.
At the same, time I can't say how much I love being here. For starters, here are a few quick reasons that come to mind:
Pottery!
Openness to well, almost anything!
Environmentally focused--- care of the earth matters
Good fairly priced local, organic, vegetarian food
Incredible Episcopal worship at All Souls Cathedral
Beauty (mountains, etc.) beyond words
Pottery!
Galleries galore
Highwater Clay supply store
Great clothes! (I get most of my clothing here).
The arts....
Malaprop's Bookstore!
Greenlife Grocery...
I could live here in a heartbeat.
This is my short list. That's all for now. Atlanta tomorrow after a trip running a few errands and then to Highwater Clays! :)
1 comment:
I hope to get up to Asheville one day to visit, sounds wonderful.
Post a Comment