Monday, July 25, 2011

It's Been Too Long!

I have been away from blogging for a long time. I've missed it. Lots has happened. My job ended at the end of May and the clayworks studio closed because it has changed locations. So I was without time at the wheel for almost two months! I've also been traveling.
Even so, I returned to the new (air conditioned) studio this past Tuesday and made these three pieces above. An okay beginning. At least I could center the clay! I was a bit concerned- wondering what I'd remember, and am so thankful that I remembered what I did.

Soon- on Wednesday night, I made these three and some more teabowls. When I had some time alone, I got back into the rhythm of being at the wheel. Peaceful! The clay in the front of the three teabowls was turned into a teabowl too-- in time.


More teabowls. As I consider this my 'default' form, I am pleased with this new chapter of pottery. I also sense that my pottery will change a bit. More on that soon...