Saturday, February 5, 2011

Saturday Glazing

All of these were ready to be glazed, so that is how I spent my afternoon. On almost all, I put the blue/green celadon glaze as a base and then some accents with alfred's blue.
This pic shows the 20 plus pieces with the blue/green celadon. A time-consuming process in all.
In the front left of the picture there' sa goblet with some wood ash in it. Wood ash from my parent's fireplace. Sifted it a bit and then I sprinkled it onto a few pieces. Not sure how the blue/green celadon reacts to it yet.
The large yunomi on the right has some wood ash on the inside of it.
Used a bulb syringe to put the alfred's blue on the pot. DIluted the alfred's blue a bit with water, so it's not too thick.
Some more bowls with the glaze combo I mentioned above.
The yunomi in the front of this picture has spotted shino as its base. Some wood ash on the outside too.
Some wood ash on the inside of it.
Finished the day by making a small bowl. I plan on trying some new things in the weeks to come- not sure what that looks like yet. New glazes? new forms? new surface design? Time will tell.

No comments: