Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Good Things Come...

This bowl of mine came out of the gas kiln today. I tried new glazes, thanks to my instructor's recommendations. I'm so happy with the result!
Glazes: All of it dipped in blue/green celadon; Part of the inside was dipped with alfred's blue. The result is a purplish blue hue... wow!
The outside also had words etched into it all around the bowl. Hard to see in this pic, but there's a drop of glaze at the bottom of the foot. I love it!
I did the etching during the leatherhard stage and then brushed white slip into the words after they dried a bit more. Then, I wiped off the excess white slip. A LONG process. but so worth it. I'll take some better pics tomorrow. This bowl was worth the wait and now it's onward to the one for whom it was made in the first place-- a couple weeks late!
Good things come to those who wait.

3 comments:

Jerry said...

A beauty!!

Linda Starr said...

Unbelievably beautiful and your inscriptions look great too.

Peter said...

Nice work. I really like the blue effect right in the middle of the bowl too. It is so exciting when glazes are put one over the other.