
Well, here are my not so good pictures of the pieces from the last studio firing. A few thoughts...

Three of my vases were in the bottom left back stack of the kiln. The catherine's oribe turned out more green than the bluish that I was accustomed to.

And these surprised me too...

All of these were first glazed in spotted shino. Some had reduction; others (whitish ones) experienced oxidation in the kiln. The yunomi... third from the left is my favorite.

The two vases on the left have tom's clear with catherine's oribe at the rim. As I mentioned briefly in the last post, he thinks that the lack of reduction all over the kiln was because of one big piece in the kiln, therefore the air was not distributed evenly during the reduction phase. This was all new learning for me. To see the big big pot, see my last post.

Yes, the bowl on the left was dipped in spotted shino and then had accents in catherine's oribe. It looks a bit albino.... but at closer glance, it's growing on me. The middle one is a small creamer. Firings are full of mystery! A good thing. Keeps life interesting!
2 comments:
lookin' very good to me! I use cone 6 electric, and there are fewer mysteries :)
I love the mystery of high fire, you have some nice colors and I really like the pieces with the lettering, beautiful work and I like what you are doing with the glazes.
Post a Comment