
Some recent pics. It was cold last Saturday but that didn't stop
Becky, Elaine,
John, and Susan from having a sale outside at John's house. This pic is evidence that it really was cold.... :)

Not sure how sales went.... good pots were available, for sure!

Some of John's pottery.

Sunday I glazed several cups and a jar in the afternoon. All have spotted shino glaze and a bit of catherine's oribe with soda ash.

Put some glass on the top of this lid for a jar.

Put some wax resist on the outside of some cups. That changes the color of the shino a bit.

The cups, the jar, and the supplies used to glaze...

A few different surface designs. I really like the form of the one in the middle. The darker big dot is the wax resist.

Some more yunomi cups. The next gas kiln will be loaded on Thursday. Maybe some or all of these will make it into the kiln this round.

Today I trimmed a tall vase (forgot to take a pic) and made there bowls. I was tired and it's hard to throw when one's tired. Still good time in the studio. More soon...
2 comments:
AND saw a pic of you at JBF's :)
Great photos - it does look cold yikes, love your yunomi. The glass will that go in the kiln? I am very interested in that. So many things to do with clay and so little time.
Post a Comment