One of two posts. Trying to catch up... Here are some cups and a bowl that I glazed last weekend... lined up on the table.
They ended up here scattered about- to compete with the others to see if they could make it into the gas kiln firing earlier this week.
Only there pieces made the cut..... pics of them in another recent blog post. All of these were glazed with spotted shino and accents of catherine's oribe and soda ash. All were made on phoenix highwater clay. I've found this combo of glazes that I really like and will stick with it for awhile, at least.
These are some of my favorites. :) The middle of the dots is really wax resist on top of the shino, which usually (if there's enough reduction in the kiln) creates a darker shade of shino where the wax resist is. With the gas kiln firings there is that element of mystery though. And the longer I live, the more I'm convinced that there is mystery in life, so I really like this...
1 comment:
Amen to mysteries in life Amy, I love your glazing techniques, I could take a few lessons from you they are beautiful. I love seeing your new heading on your blog it is so beautiful. Good luck with the firing.
Post a Comment