Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Glazing and Loading

Glazed some chalices and small plates earlier this week, along with a bowl. They joined others in waiting to see if they'd get into the kiln which was loaded and fired beginning on Monday.
Part of the back stack of the kiln. Two yunomis.
There are two yunomis behind these big pieces.
One yunomi is on a brick on the right side of the kiln. Usually, this is a place that gives great colors--- and good reduction (lack of air) during the firing, which means great colors!
The back stack of the kiln. I wasn't there when the front stack was loaded. Kiln will be unloaded tomorrow. I'm really interested to see how these pieces turned out. I went and checked to see which pieces made it into the firing and unfortunately, the three plates didn't make it in and the three goblets did. :( Who knows what this means for the colors and whether they'll match. Oh well.... and I even asked that they be fired in pairs. There's always something going on in the pottery world.
Meanwhile, I'm running again after a short break. It's good to be back at that. I'm looking forward to being back in the studio again.

2 comments:

Jen Mecca said...

Amy...how are your big vases coming along? jen

Linda Starr said...

Wow, you guys have more firings than I can believe. Can't wait to see what comes out of the kiln.