
It was wonderful to be back at class on Tuesday evening. The theme of the class was 'big' as Adrienne (class instruct0r) did a bunch of demos. She first threw this form and then took it off of the wheel and threw another form to add to the top of the first form. Hard to explain; easier to see in person.

Not the best picture, but this shows the height of the first form. She works fast, so one has to take pictures quickly!

This picture shows when she just added the second piece to the first. She used calipers to measure the diameter of the top part of the piece on the bottom. It was all pretty amazing to watch.

Next she smoothed out the part inbetween the two former pieces that are now one.

Then she shaped it into the form she wanted. This is at least 15 pounds in all, I think.

So I decided to start out with 7-8 pounds of clay and I made this jar. It's craggy crunch clay and I had some extra of that which has a bunch of grog, so that made for interesting throwing. Tomorrow I'll put handles on it.

As you can see, Adrienne was busy throughout the class. She made each of these forms in less than 2 1/2 hours.
1 comment:
Wow! She is impressive!
Post a Comment