I've decided to work on a new form. Tumblers! Made the one on the left today and I really like the shape. Each has one indentation for one's thumb. I am certain that I'll experiment with this form more. I was tired, so I didn't stay at the studio for long.Today we celebrated the life of St. Francis, one who cared for all God's creatures! Blessed a bunch of animals--- dogs to hamsters, to cats... it was all quite a zoo! :)
Ended the day with breakfast for dinner! Bacon from my uncle's business near my parent's house, good southern grits, homegrown potatoes (fingerlings and reds from my parent's garden!), and eggs with blue cheese. A good way to end the day. Tomorrow it's back to work. How I wish there were more clay days!
2 comments:
I like the rounded indentation of your tumblers, very nice indeed. Blue cheese on eggs - oooh that sounds wonderful, I happen to love blue cheese I must try this some time. I also happen to like breakfast for dinner. The animals should surely be blessed as they give so much to mankind, especially the domestic ones.
I don't like blue cheese but anything that has to do with St. Francis will get my attention every time. His Prayer for Animals is unequaled. Your tumblers, Amy, are wonderful! If I ever find my way back to the wheel I hope you'll be there to offer some tips.
Post a Comment