Saturday, October 10, 2009

More Time

This was the best part of the day.... time in the studio, trimming the tops of chalices that I'll assemble tomorrow. Also made some tumblers. It was peaceful- a good part of the day!
I also stopped by the Barn Sale. Didn't stay long because in my time there, I was missing being in the studio, so I left soon. I did visit all of the booths and saw these interesting leaves. More than 50 booths in all. Lots of pottery!
I liked the black glaze in this, using the indentations from the leaves.
Lots of booths. I missed being a part. It's just too expensive for me these days. It takes awhile to recover after being out of work for several months. To participate in the Barn Sale, one needs to join the NC Guild ($60 a year, I think) and then pay for a booth. :( Oh well.... maybe next year.
It was great to see Elaine, Becky, and John in their booth. All seemed quite busy with sales.
Tomorrow's a busy day of work and I'm ready for it!
Gotta put some pots up on my etsy site. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow evening.
Onto reading other pottery blogs... :)

3 comments:

Linda Starr said...

A peaceful day in the studio can't ask for more than that. The barn sale looks like a lot of fun, thanks for showin the unique pieces. I know that you mean about recovering from being out of work.

jbf said...

Good to see you at the sale yesterday. Great pics.

Becky said...

Hey Amy, thanks for coming out on Saturday! Hopefully you and your yunomis will be there this Spring? Your pieces are relly looking great!