Thursday, June 18, 2009

Time Away

Time away from the wheel has been good, although I must admit I really miss it. It's always good to be with my parents and during this visit this city girl (me) has been learning much about what's growing. My mom has a green thumb.... and my dad too. Tonight, Mom picked a few of the black raspberries and I helped a bit. This was the first of the upcoming harvest, so just a half a pint.
Some of these will get eaten. They're organic. :)
Soon, these will be blackberries. Come August, I'm told.
This is fuzzy leaf mint tea which is the best only when made by Mom. My parents sell it at their business (tea with mint it's called), a soft pretzel business at a Farmer's Market in Wayne, PA. The tea is a favorite.
My mom has so many kinds of flowers that there's no way I can capture them all. Here is a beautiful clematis.
There has been alot of rain in PA, but these peach roses have made it through. Gorgeous! I must say too, that it's great to read blogs while away from the wheel. Thanks for the learning in the blogs. I've got lots of ideas for what to do when I return...

3 comments:

Becky said...

Yummmm...those blackberries look delicious! And your Mom's tea sounds quite wonderful! We missed you tonight at CW but know you are enjoying time with your folks. The wheel awaits your return...and so do we!

Linda Starr said...

Oh my, there is nothing better than fresh picked raspberries and blackberries. The photos of the clematis and rose are beautiful and that mint is so perfect, mine gets insect holes all over it. Your parents have a green thumb for sure.

Jerry said...

I was just out picking berries in our backyard last night, not even half a pint though. They are always at their peak when we are away in Cape May...it's so frustrating. We'll pick as many as we can before we leave and hope for the best when we get back. Maybe Kevin's parents can come over and pick when we're gone.

My grandparents lived in Wayne for years and years. I loved their neighborhood and the surrounding area.