Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Oh, the Arts Places I Go


North Carolina is FULL of opportunities to celebrate the arts. On a recent trip to Asheville, I stopped by the New Morning Gallery which was simply wonderful (as it always is). This visit these posters caught my eye. They're from past year's 'Village Art& Craft Fair' celebrations. I learned this event is always held on the first Saturday/Sunday of August. I really want to go to one someday. These posters become collector's items. :)
Also saw a bunch of pottery.... most of it didn't have the artist's name. :( I like the glaze on these mugs above... Oh, if you know the artist on any of these, please comment!
The etching on these bowls caught my eye.
This was unique, which is always good!
I liked these tumblers.
I did see that these cups and yunomis were signed by Mangum Pottery. The walls of them are so thin! Wax resist used on some.
Once again, not sure of the artist. Gorgeous!
Black Mountain, NC is also one of my favorite places. Seven Sisters Gallery is an art lover's 'must see' destination.
My Father's Pizza, right across the street is too. I always order stromboli.
This is the view across from the Gallery. Koi fish in the pond, I think. Can't see the mountains well in this picture, but they're there and close and magnificent. So peaceful there. Pictures just can't capture the beauty of Black Mountain.

4 comments:

Kari Weaver said...

You were up in my neck of the woods, sort of. I like New Morning and Seven Sisters but haven't been to either in a while. If you get the itch to travel, the Toe River Arts Council Studio Tour is June 12-14 in Yancey and Mitchell County. Over 100 artists. http://www.toeriverarts.org/studiotour.shtml Come see me. I'm #17.

Becky said...

Oh, in my youth I enjoyed many retreats to Black Mountain. Such a wonderful place!

Linda Starr said...

Hey, I've got a Black Mountain view from my back yard, but it's not the same mountain. thanks for the tour.

Ron said...

Hey, catching up on your blog this morning. Here's the link about the pinched pots I told you about.
http://pinchpots.blogspot.com/
See ya! r