
Before I do a post about the barrel and raku firing results, there's today. I finished these five goblets/chalices. Gosh, they take alot of time to make and I can be such a perfectionist! (not good always for artists or anyone, for that matter). All are phoenix stoneware clay and they look shorter than they are in this pic, but I'm pleased. Some of you have asked about them... since they have not been bisque fired yet, and they also need to be glazed, they will not be ready until the end of May, since the gas kiln is only fired once a month or so. I'll make plates that can accompany them, for those who are interested in them as communion ware. They'll be glazed in the same glaze colors as the cups at the top of this blog... spotted shino with blue accents.
When I arrived at the studio today, I saw these. They're handmade vases, made by some Clayworks artists plus some who are a part of the Urban Ministry Center for a benefit in the fall. In all, a bunch-- about 100 will be made. All are different--- unique.
A couple in a closer pic.
Chris also showed me this tool that she uses in handbuilding. I'm gonna make one of these for myself.... it makes great lines--- in the saucers, one's fingers go in the indentations and then the piece is rolled over the clay. 


2 comments:
you glazing looks so wonderful, I could really take a lesson from you on that.
I second what Linda wrote. Your glaze results are always great! And your yunomis just look fantastic!
Wish I could be there to help load the gas kiln.
Post a Comment