Friday, May 22, 2009

Away and Time at Signature Shop

So I was here today... briefly at the Signature Shop and Gallery in Atlanta, Ga. It was an interesting experience. I wish the gallery was at least twice as big. Lots of pieces; little space. Not all were marked with the artist's name. These pics aren't the best. Can you tell I need a new camera? I stayed only a short while as I was exhausted. Still fun to see so much work and some from artists that are familiar to me. Here are a few....
Peter Lenzo.
My favorite from Judith Duff's pieces.
More of Judith Duff's work. Gorgeous wood fired pieces. (Yes, I need to start a camera fund!)
On the TOP shelf of a display. Can you guess who? (answer at the end of the post). One of my favorite artists. I love the simplicity in these.
More teacups. My favorite form these days.
Great shapes and glazes. Keiko Coughlin, I think.
Becky, I remembered you when I saw these. Matt Kelleher. Pit-fired, I think.
Back in Charlotte, several pots have been paitently waiting on my shelf to be glazed. I've really missed being at the studio this past week while I've been in Atlanta.
Before I left, I etched some words into a print that Lily, my niece made. :) She's starting early as an artist, making her mark on the world. It'll be great to see how this turns out.
She had a little help. At times, she didn't seem to interested, but willing. Here's her mom, Vanessa and I. Lily looks quite happy through it all though.
Gosh, it's so good to be back.
Oh... and it's Warren MacKenzie whose work is on the top shelf. It was hard to see. :(

4 comments:

Linda Starr said...

Thanks for the tour of the gallery, there are some great pieces there. What a wonderful idea to capture your neice's hand and foot in clay - that is so special.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

did I miss it, who had done the pieces on the top shelf?

Amy said...

Oh... I was tired and forgot!
The artist whose work is on the top shelf: Warren MacKenzie.

Becky said...

Amy, looks like you had quite the trip. Thanks for thinking of me and picturing the birds. They are remarkable! Great to see you today at Clayworks! I'm glad you're home.