Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tuesday is Class Day

Tonight during class, the focus was on bowls... and Ron did a demo on this big one and how to make it pour.
So I made a couple of bowls. In addition, during class, I worked on making chalice stems (is that what they're called?) and Ron was really helpful in giving great tips. Jen Mecca surprised us with a guest instructor appearance and demo'ed a chalice-- all in one. She made the entire chalice with one piece of clay and showed us how to make it with a 'cookie' at the bottom of the top part of the chalice. The cookie is a small piece of clay, about the size of a quarter or a bit bigger put in the bottom of the finished chalice so the liquid doesn't fall to the bottom. Maybe I'll try that sometime. I like this instructor swap thing that happened tonight at Clayworks. Best of both instructors!
Always something going on at Clayworks.

2 comments:

Linda Starr said...

Wish I was nearby, I'd be taking classes there myself. Great photos Amy.

Jen Mecca said...

The best part of that photo is Ron's face! I like helping..good luck with those!Jen