
Footed these yunomis today. Overall, didn't spend as much time in the studio as I had wanted. Will make sure that happens tomorrow. I'm pleased with how these turned out. I think I'm improving in all this, which is so encouraging.

This morning I helped a group of potters make these... .giveaways for the upcoming 'All Fired Up' fundraiser at the end of the month. I forget what they're called--- but we rolled out slabs of earthen red clay and traced and cut circle shapes out of them (like cookies) and then put stamp imprints onto them and shaped them a bit and dried them a bit with the heat gun and here they are-- 200+

With such a good team, this all happened so fast!

I'll try and catch some pics of how these turn out after they're bisqued and glazed. This was so different for me to work with clay in this way; I've hardly done any handbuilding.
Can't believe tomorrow is Thursday; this week is flying by.
4 comments:
Not sure but these forms look a lot like the bread warmers that were given out in a previous AFU. People seemed to like them so perhaps an encore is in progress. Should be an exciting night! Will you be there?
hey Becky... these are the same kind as last year's giveaway; roly poly's or something they're called. Yes, I'll be there.
awesome cups above, and below---I like ridgy mugs myself
You have so many creative ideas for cups, they all look so good. Those bread warmers are a good idea. Happy Easter.
Post a Comment