Sunday, March 22, 2009

Yesterday and Today Part II

These three plates also came out yesterday. They're okay. I'm experimenting with glazing and just making plates in general. Let it be said that making plates is harder than it may seem. I really want to take a class in surface design sometime. Lots more to learn... I'll use these though.
Today at the studio I put the finishing touches on the cups I posted about yesterday and put them on the shelf to be bisqued. I added some rutile wash, red iron oxide, and different colored slip to four of them. While I realize that some of things are better added after the pieces are bisqued, I put them on now to see what will happen. Experimenting again. :)
It was a gorgeous, peaceful evening too. Spent some time on my mini deck eating my first meal entirely out of my own pottery and reading. :)
Am in the midst of moving so here are some boxes. Got them from Total Wine, which was very generous in giving them to me for free. Makes me want to try these wines!
Tonight, the Tennessee Lady Vols play their first game as the women's NCAA tournament begins. I've missed on most of their games this season, due to my love of pottery. Will watch this one though.

3 comments:

Linda Starr said...

Hi, wine boxes are real sturdy so perfect for heavy items, where are you moving to? I like your plates, how did you get the green color? Nice cups too.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

liquor and wine boxes are the best, and with sections, good for pottery, and groovy little cups and plates there!

Amy said...

Linda,

thanks! I'm staying here in Charlotte. Green color--- that is the glazes that I mentioned in the blog.... one over the other. take care--