There's always something happening at Clayworks. Here is a snapshot from tonight:
Becky showed me how to use the extruder. This was all new to me; she is a great teacher. She was making the sides of a base for a saggar for a Jim Whalen workshop next weekend.
John was making some handles. This mug on the right looks like it might be ready to fly.
I trimmed some more dessert plates that will have this quote on them like this finished one for an order. I hope to make more plates with quotes on them. I REALLY like doing this. :)
All this happened during Greg's class. He made the top half of this udo drum during class. Always something unpredictable happening with his teaching. He knows so much.
Here is him telling me a bit about it. What a candid shot!

Becky showed me how to use the extruder. This was all new to me; she is a great teacher. She was making the sides of a base for a saggar for a Jim Whalen workshop next weekend.
John was making some handles. This mug on the right looks like it might be ready to fly.
I trimmed some more dessert plates that will have this quote on them like this finished one for an order. I hope to make more plates with quotes on them. I REALLY like doing this. :)
All this happened during Greg's class. He made the top half of this udo drum during class. Always something unpredictable happening with his teaching. He knows so much.
Here is him telling me a bit about it. What a candid shot!
Here is the base that Becky made for the saggar. I have much to do tomorrow in the studio. Slipwork and making more mugs on the wheel. I think I'll use some zella stone clay again.
2 comments:
What a fun post! Me got to make one of those udo drums for Fred. :) Good thing saggar bases don't have to be perfectly round, eh?
Can't wait to hear more about the saggar. I have always wanted to try making one of those drums, they are so cool looking and sound so neat. You guy really have a wonderful clay class.
Post a Comment