
I was disappointed because I really liked the form of these two cups, although I was experimenting with the glaze and didn't like how that turned out at all. There were pottery shards on the inside bottom of them. They were ruined so I threw them out.
Oh well... Such is life sometimes, huh?
The pottery world isn't perfect either.
The day did get better as I made three yunomi teacups. They are each made with about 1 1/4 lbs. of earthen red clay. The shapes came quickly. Tomorrow I'll trim them and put slip on them as well as on other plates too. There's glazing to do too... 
My clay shelf is full! (the middle one) Thankfully, the day got better. That is always a very good thing.
Oh, and I'm reading Hannah McAndrew's blog more closely these days. Her slipware work is incredible!
1 comment:
Hi Amy, sorry about the explosion. We had our cone pack explode in a glaze load last year and of course it landed in the one piece of mine that had a spectacular glaze. I wonder how the folks do it where they once fire and the pieces don't explode, they must take it up real slow. Your yunomi are looking great. Can't wait to see all you have under the plastic. Hannah's work is spectacular, thx.
Post a Comment