Made these four cups and also two plates of different sizes.
Looking down...
Side view... Also put ben gareen blue cone 5 glaze over Ron's creme cone 5 glaze on these two cups made from earthen red clay. Greg, the master glaze teacher tonight said that the ben gareen blue will run over the creme, which is exactly what I want to have happen. Here they are... 

The day got better when I came back home and learned that I have several potential orders. :)
And, I decided to splurge and get some food as I've been trying to eat out of my pantry instead of go to Harris Teeter. I'm trying to spend little $ these days, being out of work. It's exhausting and not fun. I made this for dinner. Only ate half, but it seemed to taste better in a handmade piece. :) This is on a Ron Philbeck dish.
And, before I forget, here are the finished raku pieces.
And, I decided to splurge and get some food as I've been trying to eat out of my pantry instead of go to Harris Teeter. I'm trying to spend little $ these days, being out of work. It's exhausting and not fun. I made this for dinner. Only ate half, but it seemed to taste better in a handmade piece. :) This is on a Ron Philbeck dish.
And, before I forget, here are the finished raku pieces.
This had turquoise luster, blue green, and superstition glaze.
The superstition glaze is on the inside. Great colors!
Here's the other one... this pic doesn't do the piece justice. This is the one that I sprayed alcohol on... check previous Raku post for more. The bowl has more color than this pic.
All of this said, I think I really like working with the earthen red clay and slipware these days.
No comments:
Post a Comment