I need to trim some plates tomorrow and am on the lookout for foam for a trimming bat... yes, high density foam.
It's not at Michael's. Any idea where I can buy some to glue onto a bat? It needs to be a few inches thick and about 13 inches or so in diameter. I'll cut it into a circle. Hmmm Suggestions needed! I may just need to break down and buy one.
5 comments:
An upholstery shop, Joann's fabrics?
Sometimes when the foam's not doing it for me I will just throw a clay pancake on the wheel, even it out, rib it to dry it some, do a couple finger pulls out from the center for pot lifting access and trim on that. Just in case you don't have luck with the foam.
Sometimes you can find some in the bedding department at WalMart/Target/KMart as mattress padding. Most is waffled, but sometimes there's plain also. One piece should give you enough to make several bats.
well, thanks for the suggestions. I decided to buy one but then discovered at the studio that it's warped! Such luck... will return tomorrow to hopefully exchange it.
Brian--- Thanks for checking out my blog. I tried to take a look at yours but couldn't get through. hmmm
hmmm... odd.
Blogger has some ongoing issues, but nothing that would keep you from seeing my blog. Seems to be working this morning.
Good luck with the bat!
Post a Comment