I can tell that when I have a day away from the studio these days. It's usually not good. It has been very challenging not having work. At least my home looks better today as I cleaned.Yesterday though, a lot happened in the studio. Above is the work I glazed plus my four new yunomi teacups. :)
I also did some slipwork and added slip to several bowls and yunomi teacups. I tried a new method... taking a small sponge and dipping it into some pouring slip and making a spiral design while rotating the piece on one of those shimpo (whatever it's called thing that spins pieces in a circle). So, the four on the bottom and left in the above pic had that slipwork.
Here's a closeup of that new slipwork. I'm eager to see how it turns out with the Ron's creme glaze on it.
A side view of some of the slipped pieces.And, four of my yunomi teacups came out of the electric kiln. They quickly made their way home, but not before a few pics. I glazed a bunch of others too.
These pics aren't the best, but the pic above and below show my latest favorite form. Earthen red clay with white slip, glazed in Ron's creme.
If you look closely, you can still see some of the spiral slipwork through the red wine in this pic. :)
Now, my shelf is almost empty. Pottery is saving me these days. I'm thankful.
These pics aren't the best, but the pic above and below show my latest favorite form. Earthen red clay with white slip, glazed in Ron's creme.
If you look closely, you can still see some of the spiral slipwork through the red wine in this pic. :)Now, my shelf is almost empty. Pottery is saving me these days. I'm thankful.
1 comment:
Hi Amy, you slip work is looking so beautiful. How think is the slip you are using? Would you say it is thick or is it like the consistency of cream?
I know what you mean about clay - it's saving me too. I hope to do a small barrel firing this weekend if the weather cooperates and if the county doesn't put a burn ban on.
Post a Comment