Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thankful...

Here's today....
Made these two today and trimmed a few others. This tumbler that is closer and fuzzy (and a crooked shot) and is a bit bigger.. the one in the back is a Christmas present- it already has someone's name in mind. So peaceful to be at a brand new wheel, especially after a long, somewhat challenging day.

As Thanksgiving Day draws near, I thought I'd share what I'm thankful for this year.

God.... without God and faith, who knows where I'd be.
Friends who understand... especially those who 'get it' without me saying.
Family-parents, siblings, and abuelos and their love.
The ability to make pottery.... and the true joy I've found in it.
Food, shelter, and clothing. I've met too many without and that still haunts me.
Freedom... and for those who have the courage to go into the most dangerous parts of the world.
Hope.... it keeps me going, even in the midst of such uncertainty.

I brought these two home tonight. They're the first sculptures I've ever owned. Thanks, Minke. I need to find a more prominent place for them, but for now, I think they sum it up well... Such strength shown in the one looking up... I see that as God with such strength and power and then that's us, resting in peace in the company of 'being' and pondering... pondering.
That's all for now.

2 comments:

Linda Starr said...

What a nice trade of pottery you received. Can't wait to see your tumblers glazed.

Becky said...

Lovely post, Amy. Thanksgiving is one of my favourite days of the year. Even though we shouldn't need a day to remind us to be thankful, it's always there to do so. I count your friendship as one of my blessings. I'm so glad we met. Have a peaceful, joyful, reflective day.