Sunday, November 30, 2008

And Here They Are.... Barrel Firing #6

Here are just some of the pieces from Barrel Firing #6. This barrel firing brought more color than the others. My somewhat broken tumbler is on the left of a flock of Becky's birds. These pieces are straight out of the barrel; they haven't been cleaned at all or washed with Murphy's Oil Soap.
Some more birds. Good color variation. They have more color than this picture shows.
I like this shot. My one piece finally clean with a flock of birds in the background, waiting to be cleaned and waxed. Lots of vivid colors. This will be a pottery utensil container.
A closeup of some of Becky's birds.

And, a closeup of my one piece. Then, I spent the rest of the day making tumblers. Here's four on their way to the bisque kiln.

The barrel firing was way fun. I did miss getting good pictures with the ones that make it quite an adventure. Will do better next time. Time with Becky, John, Elaine, Minke and the others is always a good thing!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Ahhh, Amy...thank you for putting that piece in the firing! It's a beauty, plain and true! My best bird of the bunch was nested in your pot. Namaste.

Linda Starr said...

What wonderful colors you are getting on your barrel firings - just love the birds. I have my barrels ready, I just need to make some wares. Do you bisque them first or just put them in green? What cone clay are you using?