Anyway, here is the latest group of pieces that came out of the gas kiln last weekend. I like the forms; I just need all the help I can get with the glazing. In my world, the glazing can only get better.
Two in this group are soda soaked ones. Almost all pieces have the alfred's blue glaze on them;It seems much easier to make tumblers these days.
And, last weekend at the Circle of Eight sale, one of my friends was in town and bought this piece for me. It's gorgeous; I really like the form and it's from Brad Tucker's collection. Of course, it was SUCH a hard decision to pick one. On that note, it's great that there's another Circle of Eight sale coming soon, I think? I chose Brad's piece because I think it was soda ash fired. Gorgeous... This picture doesn't do it justice.
And, last weekend at the Circle of Eight sale, one of my friends was in town and bought this piece for me. It's gorgeous; I really like the form and it's from Brad Tucker's collection. Of course, it was SUCH a hard decision to pick one. On that note, it's great that there's another Circle of Eight sale coming soon, I think? I chose Brad's piece because I think it was soda ash fired. Gorgeous... This picture doesn't do it justice.
Gosh, this gas shortage and unstable economy stuff is tough. Gotta stay closer to home; why is the Clayworks studio not just down the street from where I live?
1 comment:
Hi Gal,
Hope you get by CW today to see your results from the barrel firing. Some sweet colours! Thanks for driving me around town to get the Chore Boys!!! See ya Tuesday!
Post a Comment